Ranch Chicken Casserole Recipe (gluten free!)
Out of ideas for chicken? Try this southwest inspired Ranch Chicken Casserole.
A southwest inspired chicken casserole from The Peaceful Mom!
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 yellow or red onion, diced
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 14.5 ounce can Mexican Style Tomatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried cumin
- 1 8 ounce can of sliced mushrooms, drained (or 1 cup sauteed fresh mushrooms)
- 1 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 cups cheddar-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 glass or stoneware baking dish with preferred cooking oil or spread olive oil around the inside of the pan using a paper towel.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium high heat.
- Saute green pepper, onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes until onion is almost translucent.
- Stir in sour cream and stir until the mixture is smooth and starting to bubble.
- Add tomatoes, chili powder and cumin and stir to combine.
- Add artichokes and mushrooms and stir to combine.
- Fold in chicken.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
I’m linking up at Tasty Tuesday and Gluten Free Wednesdays!