Jun

$100 Budget Weekly Menu 6/22

$100 Budget Weekly Menu (for six people including three teens): Menu planning saves money!

See what we’re eating this week with a $100 grocery budget. (Some items were purchased in previous weeks in the $100 budget and are marked with an asterisk.)

Check back later today to see my grocery shopping for this week (and link up your savings!).

Read more about how I stick to a $100 a week budget in my FREE e-book Save More-Clip Less.

Print your own customizable menu planner form here.

*Items marked with an asterisk were purchased in previous weeks in the $100 Budget and are in the pantry, fridge or freezer.

Click purple links to go to recipes!

BREAKFAST

Homemade waffleshomemade waffle syrup

Egg and Cheese Bagels* (plain bagels previously purchased)

Cereal with milk x3

Cinnamon Raisin Bagels with cream cheese*

Cheese toast* (bread previously purchased), cantaloupe slices

LUNCH

Salad with rotisserie chicken

Turkey* Sandwich, pickle* x2

Ham* & Swiss Sandwich, baby carrots and celery with ranch dressing

PBJ*, apple slices* x2

Nachos, orange slices

DINNER

(super easy meals because we have a busy week)

Turkey* Pepper Jack Grilled Cheese, cantaloupe slices

Hot Dogs, baked beans*

Pasta* with sauce*, romaine salad

Cheese Quesadillas* (tortillas previously purchased), green pepper* slices

Frozen pizza, romaine salad

Greek Salad (rotisserie chicken, black olive slices*, feta cheese*, Greek salad dressing*)

Eating out

(The girls are having dinner with friends, so my husband, son and I will eat at a local hamburger place. We will spend part of our grocery money plus some cash–$25-30 total.)

What are you eating this week? Leave a comment or link. :)

Please Note: I post my weekly menu to encourage menu planning and to give meal ideas, not as a nutritional standard. You should feed your family based on your priorities and values.

If you would like menu planning help, check out Emeals*–weekly menus based on your local store’s sales including recipes and a grocery list!

EMEALS EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES

*affiliate link

Meal Planners

Meal Ideas

Life Lessons from Horse Camp

For more menu ideas, check out OrgJunkie Menu Plan Mondays.

melissa June 22, 2012 at 8:50 am

I noticed you had some cheaper meals this week, did you do that to offset eating out? I would like to have a date night once a week but after groceries theres not much money left. Any advice?

Kimberlee June 22, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Hi Melissa! Yes, we had money to eat out because we had cheaper meals this week. Here are some ideas that we have used for cheaper date nights: http://thepeacefulmom.com/2011/06/08/how-to-be-have-a-cheap-date/ and http://thepeacefulmom.com/2010/02/22/saving-money-on-dates/

Crystal @ Serving Joyfully June 22, 2012 at 9:01 am

Here’s my weekly menu: http://www.servingjoyfully.com/2012/06/18/meal-plan-618-shopping-from-the-pantry/

We’re moving next month, so I’m trying to “shop from our pantry” as much as possible to use up stuff from our freezer in particular. We’re moving 5 hours away.

Kaylan @ Thirty-two Dollars June 22, 2012 at 9:05 am

Not only are these cheap options, but healthy options too!! Thank you!! Those waffles look delicious and I’m definitely going to be testing out your recipe!

Kimberlee June 22, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Thanks Kaylan!

Mandy June 22, 2012 at 11:23 am

Enjoy your night out! I know it doesn’t happen often. We have a “family date night” every Friday and go out as a family (Dad, Mom, 2 teenage sons, 1 pre-teen daughter). I know it costs money and I used to get uptight about it. But, we all look forward to it and memories are being made. Of course, all but Dad drink water. He works hard for us so I think he can have his sweet tea if he wants to!!! =)

Kimberlee June 22, 2012 at 5:53 pm

I think that is an awesome idea Mandy. My philosophy is to save money on what is unimportant, so you can spend where you want to. Sounds like you’re doing exactly that. :)

Sherry June 22, 2012 at 12:59 pm

I have been following your posts and reading as much as I can on your website and I love all the information you are providing. I just had a question regarding the $100 weekly food bill. I have three boys and they eat soooo much. I was wondering how you add that snack food into your weekly budget?

Kimberlee June 22, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Snack food is a part of the $100 budget. Here is a post about what we eat: http://thepeacefulmom.com/2012/03/06/qa-what-do-you-do-about-snacks/. I purchase sale items when I find them.
I have also found that if my children eat more protein and fat, they are satiated and don’t want to snack as much. You can do your own research, but children actually need fat for brain development.

Tamara Brennon August 13, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Thank you for sharing your ideas that work for your family. I always check your page and also SHARE with my friends and family on facebook. I think anyone can take your ideas and tweak them to fit their own lifestyle. We live on about the same amount as you do and your website is encouraging.

Kimberlee August 13, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Thanks for letting me know Tamara!