Jun

$100 Budget Weekly Menu 6/15 (+ Recipes!)

$100 Budget Weekly Menu (for six people including three teens): Menu planning saves money!

See what we’re eating this week with a $100 grocery budget. (Some items were purchased in previous weeks in the $100 budget and are marked with an asterisk.)

Check back later today to see my grocery shopping for this week (and link up your savings!).

Read more about how I stick to a $100 a week budget in my FREE e-book Save More-Clip Less.

Print your own customizable menu planner form here.

*Items marked with an asterisk were purchased in previous weeks in the $100 Budget and are in the pantry, fridge or freezer.

Click purple links to go to recipes!

BREAKFAST

Egg and Cheese Bagel

Vanilla Yogurt with cherries, Crockpot Granola

Scrambled eggs, Easy Baked Apples*

Homemade waffleshomemade waffle syrup

Cereal with milk x2

Cheese toast, strawberries

LUNCH

Turkey Avocado Wrap, cucumber slices with ranch dressing

Tuna Salad*

PBJ*, apple slices*

Nachos, avocado slices

Turkey sandwich, cucumber slices

Egg salad, green pepper slices

Soup and grilled cheese sandwiches

DINNER

Taco Cups (ground beef previously purchased), roasted corn*

Fried Chicken Dinner from Publix

Country Style Ribs, baked beans

Frozen pizza, salad

Baked potatoes with bacon and cheese, romaine salad

Steak and Peppers (steak previously purchased), rice*

BBQ Chicken Tostadas, Tomato Cucumber Salad

What are you eating this week? Leave a comment or link. :)

Please Note: I post my weekly menu to encourage menu planning and to give meal ideas, not as a nutritional standard. You should feed your family based on your priorities and values.

If you would like menu planning help, check out Emeals*–weekly menus based on your local store’s sales including recipes and a grocery list!

EMEALS EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES

*affiliate link

Meal Planners

Meal Ideas

FREE E-Book!

For more menu ideas, check out OrgJunkie Menu Plan Mondays.

Crystal @ Serving Joyfully June 15, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Great menu, as always…love to see new ideas :) My weekly meal plan is here: http://www.servingjoyfully.com/2012/06/11/meal-plan-611-back-on-track/

Kimberlee June 15, 2012 at 5:54 pm

Thanks Crystal and thanks for linking up your menu. :)

Crystal @ Serving Joyfully June 15, 2012 at 7:12 pm

Thanks…we were off track for a couple of weeks with being out of town and such. So glad to be back on track and with a plan.

Diane June 15, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Every time you post the bagel with egg and cheese I think it looks so good and then I forget to put them on the menu!
We are eating:
Grilled steaks and baked potatoes, broccoli (Sunday, for Father’s Day, steaks were free)
Broccoli cheese soup
Grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup
Spaghetti and meatballs
Spanish rice and chicken-black bean burritos
leftovers
Runzas (homemade, from freezer)

Mrs. B June 16, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Saturday: terriyaki chicken legs and brown rice
Sunday: something in the crock pot
Monday: hot dogs over an open fire, from scratch baked beans, and margueritas
Tuesday: meatloaf, scalloped potatoes (my dad really likes boxed) salad, homemade bread, and German chocolate cake-this is my far’s father’s day present instead of junk he doesn’t need
Wednesday: something in the crock pot
Thursday: something in the crock pot
Friday: jambalaya in the crock pot

My husband and I often work opposite schedules Wednesday to Friday. We both work at Walmart and we’re opening a new store in July, but hopefully things get better after that.

save June 16, 2012 at 9:13 pm

What about snacks in this grocery budget? I have 2 boys ages 8 and 11. They eat a lot. We are vegetarian and eat a ton of fruits and veggies, but sometimes they need more between meals. They eat fruit and veggies for snacks, but this adds up and sometimes they want crackers or something like that. It seems to me that the snacks and produce is the main part of my budget…not the meals. I make my own granola bars and other crackers like “cheese-its” and graham crackers, it still adds up though (and takes a LOT of time). Are snacks in this grocery budget of $100 a week?

Kimberlee June 17, 2012 at 12:11 am

Hi! We don’t snack a lot, but you can read more here about the snacks we do eat: http://thepeacefulmom.com/2012/03/06/qa-what-do-you-do-about-snacks/. You may want to do some research on letting children eat a vegetarian diet. From what I understand, they need protein and fat for brain development. Fat also helps them stay satiated. I know avocados are a great source of healthy fat and if you eat dairy products you can switch to full fat rather than low fat. Hope this helps. :)

sarah June 18, 2012 at 9:24 pm

What do you feed your daughter who has the wheat allergy? I’ve been struggling so hard to get my food budget down. My husband gets one set of meals, I get another (since I have to eat gluten free) and my 1 year old son gets another. I’m figuring that’s possibly what’s making it so hard to come in under budget. Any tips?

Kimberlee June 18, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Hi Sarah! Here is a link to our weekly gluten free menus: http://thepeacefulmom.com/category/gluten-free-menu/. Hope that helps. :)

sarah June 19, 2012 at 11:12 pm

Thank you that does help! :)

Rene June 20, 2012 at 9:39 am

Does your $100 budget include toiletries/paper products or just food?

Kimberlee June 20, 2012 at 10:31 am

Just food Rene. I spend between $25 and $40 a month on toiletries and non food items.

Sarah K. June 20, 2012 at 2:06 pm

This reminds me very much of my own weekly recipe planning. I make the menu for my partner and I and shoot for under $30. It is challenging especially living in California (food prices here are unbelievably high) but thanks to my partner’s couponing skills and my cooking skills we make it almost every week. Thank you so much for all your helpful tips, and I will be checking back often for recipe ideas :)
oh and this weeks menu (I do wednesday to tuesday because our local grocery store does double ads on wednesdays)
Wednesday: Taco Salad
Thursday: Mustard Glazed Asian Chicken with Brown Rice and Bok Choy
Friday: Baked Pasta with Spinach and Mozzarella
Saturday: Leftovers
Sunday: Homemade Pizza Night!
Monday: Chicken Panzanella (Italian Bread Salad)
Tuesday: Leftovers