Jun

Take Ten: A Confession

Take TenTM-Improve your life ten minutes at a time!

“The key to success whether you are trying to lose weight, break a bad habit or save money on your grocery bill is to consistently apply small changes over time.”

p. 27  Save More, Clip Less

One way I incorporate this principle of small changes over time is to choose a weekly project to work on ten minutes a day. Knowing it’s only ten minutes helps me to get started–even if the project seems overwhelming at first. Working on the goal daily helps me to develop discipline (hate the word, love the effects!).

Last week I planned (once again!) to organize the photos on my computer. Confession: I didn’t spend a single minute on this project. I don’t know why, but I seem to have a serious mental block about those photos.

So this week, I’m changing tactics. I am planning NOT to do anything with the photos and instead I will spend ten minutes a day in each room of the house organizing and/or decluttering.

Would you like to join me in a ten minute a day project this week? Choose an area you want to change or a project you have procrastinated on starting.

When you decide what your Take TenTM project will be, leave a comment on this post to let us know what you’re planning–the more the merrier! :)

You May Also Like:

Change Your Life In Ten Minutes

Past Take Ten Posts

Printable Planners

Crunchy Savings June 4, 2012 at 11:01 am

This week I have a to do list written out and I am going to tackle it 10-15 minutes at a time. I was on 3rd shift for 8 weeks, and my house fell apart! I am beyond ready to have everything organized again!

Kristina Wilmoth June 4, 2012 at 11:56 am

I’ve been implementing this idea and it’s brilliant! As you have previously said, once you start, it’s easy to finish a project! Last night, my 10 min project was cleaning a corner near my bathroom. I won’t horrify you with the gory details…but it was intense. It only took 5 min and I spent the rest of the time cleaning the bathroom. I spent a total of 15 min and my bathroom area is once again presentable!

Kimberlee June 4, 2012 at 12:56 pm

So glad it is working for you Kristina. :)

Dana C. June 4, 2012 at 12:03 pm

My project this week is paperwork and filing! I have a major mental block against it. When the pile gets too high, I shove it in a box and start over. I want those boxes cleaned out and vow to spend 10 a day this week to get started with the clean up. Wish me luck!!

Kimberlee June 4, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Good luck!

Maria June 4, 2012 at 1:09 pm

I love the 10 min/room/ day idea. I am going to implement it this week and see how it goes. How do you make the most efficient use of your time?

Kimberlee June 4, 2012 at 1:24 pm

I focus on one task at a time Maria, and do as much as I can as fast as I can. :)

J Murphy June 4, 2012 at 1:14 pm

ugh. projects. I vow to finish that chair I started reophulstering 3 months ago. and then I will spend 10 minutes ordering pics to print and put in my (precious) albums.
Then I will spend 10 mins. starting to sew that dress I want to wear!

Mandy June 4, 2012 at 4:21 pm

I have to tackle the breakfast room. My table is piled with paperwork to file. There is no way to sit and eat at it! That is the project for this week.