Earlier this week we made this Easy Crockpot Granola to serve with our yogurt. Keep the kitchen cool instead of heating up the oven!
A super easy recipe from ThePeacefulMom.com!
- 5 cups rolled oats (we use Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Rolled Oats)
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes (use unsweetened if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup oil (we use extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil would also be good)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add oats, coconut and cinnamon to crockpot and stir to combine.
- Add oil and honey (if you use the same measuring cup you used for the oil to measure the honey, it will slide out of the cup more easily.)
- Add vanilla.
- Stir until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Cook on low for one hour with the lid of the crockpot cracked.
- Stir granola and replace lid (slightly open).
- Cook for 2 additional hours, stirring every 30 minutes for the first hour and every 15 minutes for the last hour. This burns easily!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
You can also add pecans (or other nuts) and dried fruit to the mixture.