Easy Crockpot Granola

Affiliate Link Disclosure B

Earlier this week we made this Easy Crockpot Granola to serve with our yogurt. Keep the kitchen cool instead of heating up the oven!

Easy Crockpot Granola (gluten free)

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 3 hours

Easy Crockpot Granola  (gluten free)

A super easy recipe from ThePeacefulMom.com!

Ingredients

• 5 cups rolled oats (we use Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Rolled Oats)
  • 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes (use unsweetened if you prefer)
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup oil (we use extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil would also be good)
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Instructions

1. Add oats, coconut and cinnamon to crockpot and stir to combine.
  2. Add oil and honey (if you use the same measuring cup you used for the oil to measure the honey, it will slide out of the cup more easily.)
  3. Add vanilla.
  4. Stir until all ingredients are well incorporated.
  5. Cook on low for one hour with the lid of the crockpot cracked.
  6. Stir granola and replace lid (slightly open).
  7. Cook for 2 additional hours, stirring every 30 minutes for the first hour and every 15 minutes for the last hour. This burns easily!
  8. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

Notes

You can also add pecans (or other nuts) and dried fruit to the mixture.

I’m linking up at Tasty Tuesday and Gluten Free Wednesday!

Related AD Topics

Comments

1. Sonja Philip says

I’ve been wanting to try one of these recipes – this looks like an easy/great one to start with… if you want to add nuts or fruit, at what point do you do so?

2. Kym says

I am so excited to try this awesome recipe! I also want to make homemade granola bars for my family but never have and don’t have a recipe, I will search for a recipe online but I want to ask you first have you ever tweaked this recipe to make them? Thanks so much!

3. Rachel says

Have you ever tried to double this? Do you think it cook up the same if in a 6 qt. crockpot? Recipe looks great and I’m anxious to try it. Just wondering if I can make more at a time.

• says

Hi Rachel! It would probably just take longer to cook. The oats brown because they come into contact with the sides or bottom of the crock, so adding more oats would make it more difficult to get all of them browned. Just my thoughts, I haven’t tried it myself. :)

4. Meegan says

I Finally was able to try this recipe. It is so yummy. Granola is very expensive here in California so I will make this on a regular basis now. Thank you.

5. Robbie says

I used your technique with my recipe. Since we like toasted nuts in our granola, I added them right at the beginning. Though the nuts didn’t burn, the oats got very dark. Sine my crockpot is a newer one that runs hotter than the old models, I will remember to stir more often than you recommend. But I love this method! Saves immensely on energy costs!

6. Cristal says

I Have Been Looking For AN Easy Granola Recipe. I Can’t Wait To Try This For My Family. Can Agave Nector Be Used In Place Of The Honey? Thanks For All Your Great Ideas.

7. Cristal says

I Tried ThIs With Molasses And Light Karo Syrup Because That Is What I Had In The House. It Is Amazing! Thank You!

8. Jami says

Just curious. Do you have to store this in the fridge? Made it and we love it, but I wanted to use this in place of store bought granola in my homemade snack mix, but i don’t refrigerate it. I keep it in an air tight container on the counter for the kids to grab as a snack.

9. JM says

trying this tonight…granola is so expensive in a box! I doubled it before I read the comments,so we’ll see….thanks!

10. JM says

It turned out GREAT-thanks! my DH was so impressed… I added a few raisins,dried apple bits,and walnuts at the beginning,and cooked it for 4 hours total, I did need to stir thoroughly every 15 minutes for that last hour

11. Nadene Boisclair says

I finally got around to making this after seeing it repeated in your menu many times. I used trader joes coconut oil and unsweetened organic coconut. Topped it with toasted almonds also from TJ’s and organic Greek yogurt. For dessert !!! We devoured it and are planning to double the next batch. This is the only granola my very health conscious hubby wants to eat from now on. The key is we know exactly what is in it. Thank you so much for finding it and sharing it.