Easy DIY Waffle Syrup!
We recently ran out of syrup at my house, which is disappointing when you’re about to bite into a delicious homemade waffle. Thankfully I found a recipe in an old cookbook I had. I adapted it and thought I would share it with you in the event of a syrup emergency at your house.
An easy recipe from ThePeacefulMom.com!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter (optional but makes it yummy!)
- Place water, sugar and vanilla in a medium size pan over medium high heat.
- Slowly bring to a boil.
- Stir constantly until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add butter and stir until melted.
- Serve warm or refrigerate in a glass jar.
For a family size serving:
3 cups brown sugar; 1 1/2 cups water; 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla; 1/2 cup butter
*This syrup has a runny consistency but does thicken a little when refrigerated. I haven't tried it, but you could probably use sucanat (a natural sweetener) instead of the sugar.
I’m linking up at Tasty Tuesday and Gluten Free Wednesdays!