Apr

Take Ten: Good News!

Take TenTM-Improve your life ten minutes at a time!

“The key to success whether you are trying to lose weight, break a bad habit or save money on your grocery bill is to consistently apply small changes over time.”

p. 27  Save More, Clip Less

One way I incorporate this principle of small changes over time is to choose a weekly project to work on ten minutes a day. Knowing it’s only ten minutes helps me to get started–even if the project seems overwhelming at first. Working on the goal daily helps me to develop discipline (hate the word, love the effects!).

Last week’s plan was to spend ten (or more) minutes doing my night time routine (read more here) and going to bed by 10:00 p.m. each night. I made it 3 out of the 7 nights, which is a whole let better than I had been doing in the previous months, so I’m happy with that.

This week I’ll be continuing the “going to bed on time” plan and I’ll be spending ten minutes a day packing. I’ll be sharing more soon, but after living in a 3 bedroom condo for a year, God is providing a 4 bedroom house for us to rent for only $50 more per month! We have been content in our small home, but it’s difficult to share walls with people who don’t necessarily share our views on the necessity of rodent control, but that’s another story. My 11 year old is very happy to have a room of her own as well.

Would you like to join me in a ten minute a day project this week?

Choose an area you want to change or a project you have procrastinated on starting. When you decide what your Take TenTM project will be, you can leave a comment on this post to let us know what you’re planning–the more the merrier!

You May Also Like:

Change Your Life in 10 Minutes

Past Take Ten Posts

Printable Planners

Cheryl April 8, 2012 at 6:40 pm

That’s so wonderful about your new place! Yay!!

Kimberlee April 8, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Thanks Cheryl. :)

Sheila April 8, 2012 at 8:39 pm

That is awesome news! Just wanted to say things again for this it is truely been life changing/saving for me to break things into 10 minute chunks!

Kimberlee April 9, 2012 at 7:02 am

Thanks so much Sheila. I was stressing a little bit this morning about the move and my husband said,”Hey, I know this great blogger who says to break things down into ten minute projects. Maybe you should try that.” LOL!

ShannonH April 8, 2012 at 10:38 pm

Hooray for more space! I’m so so excited for you guys to get more room and less four legged visitors. =)

Kimberlee April 9, 2012 at 7:02 am

Thanks Shannon. :)

Mandy April 9, 2012 at 10:40 am

Do you think your utilities will stay about the same or will they increase with the increased space? I think about things like that. When we were looking to buy a house, our realtor told us we were unusual b/c we wanted to know about utilities, property taxes, etc.
Congratulations! God does seem to always do what’s best for us, doesn’t He?

Kimberlee April 9, 2012 at 4:12 pm

I think the electricity will be a little bit more. The space is bigger in the sense that we have a fourth bedroom and it is divided up differently, but as far as square footage, it’s not that much bigger. That’s a great point, though, to think about those things. :)

April April 10, 2012 at 7:53 pm

What a great idea!!! 10 minutes a day is definately bearable! I think I’m going to tackle my kitchen cabinets…things tend to fly out at me when I open them, so I think it’s time! lol And congratulations on the new place!!!

Kimberlee April 10, 2012 at 11:22 pm