DIY Easter Egg Dye
Instead of spending money on Easter Egg Dye kits, make your own die using ingredients you have at home!
A Craft Recipe from the Peaceful Mom!
- hard boiled eggs
- glass dish or mug for each color
- spoon for each container
- white vinegar
- food coloring*
- paper towels
- Place 1/2 cup of room temperature water (not cold) into each mug or dish.
- Add 1 teaspoon of white vinegar and 10 drops of food coloring to each container. You can use more food coloring if colors are not dark enough.
- Stir well.
- Using a spoon, dip egg into dye. (Use one spoon for each color to avoid mixing colors.)
- Make sure to rotate the egg if the dye does not completely cover it.
- The longer the egg sits in the dye, the darker the color will be.
- Remove egg using a spoon and blot it on a paper towel.
- Allow to dry.
*If you have a gluten free child, please make sure that your food coloring is gluten free. Walmart brand is not.