Steak Fajitas Recipe: Whenever I find sirloin or flank steak on sale I buy it to make these delicious steak fajitas. (You can also buy sirloin roast on sale and have your butcher cut it into strips for you.)
A tasty recipe from The Peaceful Mom
- 1 lb sirloin or flank steak cut into strips
- steak marinade (see below)
- 1 large red onion (or two medium), cut into slices
- 2 medium green or red bell peppers, stemmed, seeded and sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 flour tortillas (use corn to make this gluten free)
- avocado slices (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- shredded cheese (optional)
- Make steak marinade by combining the juice of one lime, three tablespoons olive oil, 1 clove garlic minced, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro.
- Pour marinade over steak and marinate for 1 to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat skillet to medium high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil and pepper slices to skillet and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add onions and cook until they are almost translucent.
- Move vegetables to the sides of pan and add steak strips.
- Turn heat to high and cook steak until browned and cooked to medium well doneness.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Place steak and vegetable mixture on tortillas and top with desired garnish.
You May Also Enjoy:
I am linking up at Tasty Tuesday!