I have a great new pasta recipe that I just came up with. If you like shrimp, you’re going to love this dish!
- 1 1/2- 2 lbs shrimp- (I buy cooked shrimp with the tail on)
- 16 oz. box radiatore pasta or preferred gluten free pasta
- 2-3 small cloves finely minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons finely diced green onions.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan (NOT the canned stuff!)
- Peel, devein and remove tails from shrimp. Rinse under cold water.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, making sure to add salt to the water.
- About 6 minutes before pasta is done, place shrimp in a glass bowl with garlic, olive oil, kosher salt and green onions.
- Marinate shrimp mixture for 5 minutes.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large skillet.
- Add shrimp mixture and cook until pink if using uncooked shrimp or about 2 minutes if using cooked shrimp.
- Add pasta, stir and heat through.
- Just before serving, add 4 tbs. fresh grated parmesan and stir until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately with extra parmesan if desired.
For my gluten free daughter, we removed some shrimp (before adding the pasta to the skillet) and served it on Jovial Organic Brown Rice Angel Hair (read our review of Jovial Pasta here). It was quite delicious.
You’ll notice that this recipe is in a different format. I’m using the new Ziplist plugin. Now not only can you print your favorite recipes, you can also use the FREE Ziplist personal recipe box and shopping list.
After you create a free account here, when you click the blue “save recipe” button at the top, you can add the recipe to your recipe box or your shopping list.
I LOVE this feature. Now you can easily make a shopping list for the items you want to cook for the week!
(*Recipes added to your shopping list will automatically appear in your recipe box, but not vice versa.)
Because you are accessing the recipe box or shopping list from The Peaceful Mom, you will remain on my site, but what you add will show up in your recipe box or shopping list whenever you access your account.
All new recipes will be in Ziplist format and I will be slowly transferring old recipes to the new format.
Try it out and let me know what you think!
You May Also Enjoy:
I’m linking up at Gluten Free Wednesdays!