Sweet Potato Fries Recipe (GF)

Affiliate Link Disclosure B

Easy Sweet Potato Fries Recipe! If you saw my grocery shopping post from two weeks ago then you saw the HUGE sweet potatoes I was able to get for 9 cents each. I finally used them last night to make these yummy sweet potato fries.

Easy Sweet Potato Fries

Ingredients

2 large sweet potatoes

1 cup extra virgin olive oil

Lawry’s seasoning salt to taste (or plain salt if you prefer)

Directions

Preheat oven to 450 degrees and cover a large cookie sheet with foil. Cut potatoes into thick slices, then into strips for fries. (Be very careful as raw sweet potatoes are difficult to cut.) Toss potato slices in a bowl with olive oil.

Place the fries on the cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt. Cook for 10 minutes then turn fries over (easiest to use a spatula or long metal tongs for this). Cook for an additional 10-15 minutes or until cooked through. You can cook longer to brown them.

I’m linking up at Tasty Tuesdays and Gluten Free Wednesdays!

More Easy Recipes

Meal Ideas

Money Saving Ideas

Find more gluten free recipes at The Gluten Free Homemaker.

Related AD Topics

Comments

1. Lynette says

We love sweet potato fries (I buy Alexia spicy, but they are pricey) but when I have made my own, they tend to shrivel up. Wonder if I am cooking them too long. Also, it apprears you left the peeling on. I eat regular potato peeling, but always thought the sweet potato peeling is too tough. Thanks for all you do. God bless you.

• says

I’m not sure why they would shrivel up. This is my first experience in making them and I think I will cook mine a little longer next time or maybe broil them a couple of minutes so they brown more. We enjoyed them with the peels, but then I leave the peel on when making mashed potatoes too! :)

2. says

We eat sweet potato fries often, but I omit the salt, and sprinkle the hot cooked fries with a bit of cinnamon sugar (like you make for toast). Yum!

3. Amy says

to cut down on the fat content, I do not coat the potatoe sticks in oil, but spray a light coating of evxtra virgin olive oil the baking sheet before placing the potatoes on it. Then I spray a light coating of the EEOV on the top and season with what ever moves me and place the sheet in the oven.

4. says

I love sweet potato fries. We love to put olive oil, garlic powder ,salt, pepper and some red pepper flakes for a kick. I wish I could get sweet potato’s for 9 cen’ts they are so expensive~but good for you when you are on a diet like me :)

5. Katy says

For more even cooking try crinkling the tin foil up so that the air can move through the gaps and tunnels under the fries. Looks delicious:)