Chicken Enchiladas Recipe (GF)
My Simple Chicken Enchiladas Recipe: This recipe is one of the easiest to use with leftover chicken. It tastes great and only takes a few minutes to prepare. I sometimes skip the cream cheese and sour cream if I don’t have them on hand, and they are still tasty.
Simple Chicken Enchiladas (gluten free)
A super easy and delicious recipe from The Peaceful Mom!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened*
- 1/4 cup sour cream*
- 1 1/2 cups prepared salsa, divided
- 2 cups shredded cheese, cheddar or Monterey jack
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 14 soft, round 6-8 inch tortillas (photographed above with flour tortillas, but use corn tortillas or gf flour tortillas to make this gluten free.)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and sour cream and mix until well combined.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of salsa and half the shredded cheese.
- Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Place about 1/3-1/2 cup of the filling on a tortilla and roll it up.
- Transfer tortilla to a glass baking dish placing the seam side down.
- Repeat process for remaining tortillas.
- Pour remaining salsa over the enchiladas and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until cheese is hot and bubbly and slightly browned.
- *Many times we make these without the dairy products. Simply mix the chicken with 2 cups of prepared salsa, place in the tortillas, rollup and place enchiladas in the baking dish, top with salsa and cheese and bake.
I’m linking up to Gluten Free Wednesdays!