Oct
2011

Ham and Egg Cups (GF)

We tried these Ham and Egg Cups this morning and they were a BIG hit! You could even double the recipe and freeze some for an easy breakfast on busy days.

Ham and Egg Cups

Ingredients

4 eggs, beaten

1/4 cup milk

2 Tablespoons salsa

1 cup Mexican shredded cheese

1/4 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained

1/4 cup finely diced ham or bacon

1/4 cup finely diced green onions

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon pepper

12 slices deli ham

Directions

Combine first three ingredients and stir until well combined. Stir in remaining ingredients. Grease or spray muffin tin cups and add ham slices.

Carefully spoon egg mixture into each cup making sure that it doesn’t over flow the edges of the ham. Bake 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees until eggs are set and slightly brown on top. Serve immediately.

Yield: 12 Ham and Egg Cups

(Thanks to Our Best Bites for the idea!)

I’m Linking up at Tasty Tuesdays!

More Easy Recipes

Meal Ideas

How To Start A Fight

I’m linking up at Gluten Free Wednesdays!

Bobbi Jo October 3, 2011 at 11:55 am

These loook great and sound like a fun treat. How much ham do you think it would take to do mini muffins? Maybe a half a piece? What do you think? It would be a great treat for MOPS also.

Kimberlee October 3, 2011 at 1:06 pm

They were tasty! You could easily use half a piece of ham, maybe less. If you try it, let me know. :)

Linda October 11, 2011 at 2:49 pm

I have seen this kind of recipe before but I’ve never tried it. I really like the idea, though, and yours look very tasty. Thanks for participating in Gluten-Free Wednesdays. Please remember to link to the individual post and not your home page. :)

Joy April 2, 2012 at 10:15 am

I have made something similar before but just kinda forgot about them. I didn’t have salsa so I did different flavors but kept with the same structure. I used a full slice of hormel (preservative free) ham… the slices are kinda small and I used my large muffin tin. Then for the egg mixture, I used some leftover Mediterranean feta, frozen chopped spinach (I didn’t even thaw it, i just put it on the bottom over the ham), and I had some diced tomatoes that we going to go bad soon. They turned out AMAZING! I had to cook it a bit longer. I think it’s because the spinach was frozen and the tomatoes added more liquid. It just goes to show that you can use whatever you have on hand. The best part is that since the ham covered the muffin cups, I didn’t have to do as much scrubbing on the tins. :) Thank you!

Kimberlee April 2, 2012 at 10:37 am

I LOVE not having to clean the muffin tins-LOL!

Brittany Acosta May 26, 2012 at 10:54 am

AWESOME!! Thanks for such a fantastic recipe…my 3 year old ate 2!!! I love your website and thought process….God Bless:)

Kimberlee May 26, 2012 at 3:36 pm

That’s great Brittany! I didn’t think of it as a toddler friendly recipe. :)

Erin August 18, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Ooh, we loved these! Although, I substituted turkey for the ham because my husband isn’t too fond of ham. I made them for our breakfast-for-dinner night, and I am almost ashamed to say we (My husband, myself, and our 20 month old) ate all 12 even though I served it with pancakes as well! No leftovers for breakfast this time! I will have to double it next time so we can use the leftovers on English muffins for breakfast!

Kimberlee August 18, 2012 at 10:59 pm

We didn’t have any leftovers either. :)

Sterling Rose January 6, 2013 at 6:59 pm

Hi Kimberlee! I love reading your newsletters, your ideas & menus. What I’m astonished at is that you can feed your family on such little food. We are big eaters, because take the Ham & Egg Cups for instance, my teen son would eat about 8 of them & my 11 y/o would probably eat about 6 of them, with toast & a banana! LOL! You only made 1 muffin tin to feed 6 people? So that’s basically 2 each? That wouldn’t fly at our house! ;-) I have to ask, is there more if anyone wanted seconds?

BTW, Happy New Year to you & your family! I have a son with Autism too, so we have that in common.

Kimberlee January 6, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Actually, my husband rarely eats breakfast and I usually make fried eggs for myself, so the kids eat 3 or 4 each. If they are still hungry they can have toast and fruit with it. Of course you should do what works for your family, so you may want to make two muffin tins. :)

Mommyof1 February 25, 2013 at 4:21 pm

I am really into trying new recipes lately – this one sounds tasty, easy, and inexpensive! Thanks for sharing.

Whozat May 10, 2013 at 10:56 am

I’ve made something similar (without salsa; that’s what happens when you marry a non-Texas :( ) but buzzed the egg / spinach / etc stuff up in the blender until it was all green, and called it “green eggs and ham” for my little Dr. Seuss fan :)

Kimberlee May 10, 2013 at 11:27 am

That sounds fun!

theresa May 13, 2013 at 4:14 pm

So do you think you could freeze them?

Kimberlee May 13, 2013 at 6:09 pm

I haven’t tried it, but they would probably be okay.