Make Your Own: Fajita Seasoning Mix
Make Your Own Fajita Seasoning Mix- My absolute favorite restaurant meal is Steak Fajitas. I love the way the plate sizzles when they bring it to the table, and the aroma of the grilled peppers and onions along with the amazing taste of fresh guacamole make my taste buds sing!
While I can’t reproduce the sizzling pan for you, I can tell you how to make an amazing marinade for fajitas at home.
When making steak or chicken fajitas I usually use a fresh marinade for the meat. See below for a dry fajita seasoning mix.
Make Your Own: Fresh Fajita Marinade
A fresh and tasty recipe from ThePeacefulMom.com!
- juice from 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or regular salt)
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs of steak or chicken strips
- Combine all ingredients in a glass jar or bowl.
- Pour mixture over meat and stir to coat well.
- Cover dish and marinate meat for at least one hour or up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
You can also make this Dry Fajita Seasoning Mix which you can store in the pantry for up to 3 months.
An easy Make-Your-Own recipe from The Peaceful Mom!
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon corn starch (optional thickener)
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Makes the equivalent of one pre-made packet.
Or try this simpler recipe:
Dry Fajita Seasoning Mix (simple version)
A simple Do-It-Yourself recipe from The Peaceful Mom!
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- Pour spices into a glass bowl and whisk to combine.
- Use 3 tablespoons of mix for 1 pound of meat.
- Store unused mix in an airtight glass container.
You May Also Enjoy:
DIY Taco Seasoning
Delicious Steak Fajitas Recipe
More Easy Recipes!