Crustless Quiche Recipe
This crustless quiche recipe is a little extra work, but so worth it!
A tasty breakfast recipe from The Peaceful Mom!
- 4 slices bacon (preferably nitrate free)
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 c heavy cream
- 1 box (10 oz. ) frozen chopped broccoli or spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 pound swiss cheese, shredded (Gruyere is the best, but more expensive)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 10-inch tart pan or 9-inch deep pie plate or 9x9 glass baking dish.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp.
- Drain bacon on paper towels and chop coarsely.
- Remove all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings from skillet.
- Add onion and cook 5 minutes until softened but not brown.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cream, broccoli, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in bacon and onion.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Watch carefully toward the end as oven temperatures vary. (You can tent the pie with foil to prevent over-browning.)
- Cool 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.
Adapted from Crustless Quiche recipe-Atkins New Diet Revolution.
I am linking up at Tasty Tuesday and Gluten Free Wednesday
I’m also linking up to Allergy Free Wednesdays!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
7 Quick and Easy Meals
Free Printables (including Weekly Menu Planner)
Ten Travel Essentials For Vacationing Families