SPICY CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN SOUP
An easy crock pot recipe from The Peaceful Mom!
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed (I use 3 cups precooked dried beans from my freezer)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 pkg frozen corn kernels
- 1 jar salsa
- (I use (1) 24 oz. can diced tomatoes + 2 cubes green sauce*)
- 1 1/2 tsp.cumin
- Garnish: sour cream, avocado, fresh cilantro, shredded cheese
- Place all ingredients in the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Before serving, use an immersion blender or remove one cup of the soup to a regular blender and blend (to thicken soup).
- Return blended soup to pot and stir.
*BRENDA’S SPECIAL GREEN SAUCE
2 medium green bell peppers, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1 small bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 jalapeno (or more if you like heat)
Blend until pureed. Freeze in ice cube trays. Use in bean dishes, soups, chili.
I am linking up to Gluten Free Wednesdays!