Feb
2010

Menu Ideas

BREAKFAST

Veggie Breakfast Scramble

Crustless Quiche

Boiled eggs and blueberry muffins

Scrambled eggs and bacon

Omelet

Breakfast burrito

Egg and cheese bagel

Peach Strawberry Smoothie

Peach Mango Smoothie

Banana Berry Smoothie

Homemade French toast and cantaloupe

Bagels and cream cheese

Oatmeal Pancakes and sausage

Cheese Toast and apple sauce

Oatmeal and peanut butter toast

Cereal and milk

Fruit and yogurt parfait

Yogurt with fresh or frozen fruit and peanut butter toast

LUNCH

Tuna salad and crackers

Peanut butter sandwiches and pretzels

Peanut butter rice cake with raisins, half a banana

Peanut butter banana and yogurt

Soup and crackers

Crunchy Chicken Salad

Ham sandwiches and tortilla chips

Turkey sandwiches and pickles

Nachos with refried beans and avocado slices

Quesadillas and fresh veggies with ranch dressing

Grilled Cheese, pickles

Celery stalks with cream cheese and raisins served with apple slices with cinnamon

Veggie Pita with ranch dressing

Ham and cream cheese rollup (mix green onion in softened cr. cheese, spread on a slice of ham and rollup), raw veggies and dip

Sundried Tomato Spread on a Bagel

Pizza bagels (egg or plain bagel w/ spaghetti sauce, cheese and toppings)

Cut up lunchmeat, cheese and fruit on pretzel sticks (kebabs)

DINNER

Baked potatoes, frozen broccoli (with cheese sauce) and bacon

Breakfast for dinner-pancakes and eggs

Parmesan Chicken Strips, Tomato Cucumber Salad

Beef stew and homemade biscuits

Chicken Enchiladas, rice with tomatoes and onions

Spicy Chicken and Black Bean Soup, cheesy biscuits

Barbecue chicken, baked beans, broccoli

Ham and Navy Bean Soup, cornbread

BBQ Cheeseburgers, Broccoli Slaw Salad

Country Style Ribs, corn on the cob

Hamburgers, home fried potatoes

London Broil, saffron rice, steamed green beans

Pasta with sauce, garlic bagels, and salad

Potato soup and homemade cheese bread

Steak and Peppers, rice, steamed sugar snap peas

Barbecue Chicken Nachos, Black Bean and Corn Salsa

Crockpot Chili with cornbread

Hamburger Pasta Casserole, frozen broccoli, homemade cheese bread

Mango Chicken, rice, spinach salad

Italian Chicken Salad, french bread

Italian Sausage Pasta Sauce over Rotini, garlic bread

Lasagna, garlic toast, garden salad

Frozen or homemade pizza (gluten free pizza crust recipe)

(Also check out 5 Ways to Prepare Potatoes)

SNACKS

Cheese and Crackers

Popcorn

Pretzels and raisins

Blueberry Yogurt Pops

Apple slices with cinnamon

Peanuts and raisins

Frozen bananas

Yogurt and fruit

Homemade juice popsicles

diane May 8, 2010 at 4:33 pm

totally add this to your menu: In your crock pot (spray with PAM spray first), add in a whole chicken (or cx on the bone) and a jar of salsa. maybe add 1\2 jar of water. Cover & cook 6-8 hr on low. if you’re short on time, you can do this in a skillet in about 40 min. Pork Chops work AMAZINGLY well in the skillet. YUMMMM

Shelly Taylor March 3, 2012 at 10:56 am

I just found your blog on Pinterest about your money-saving techniques and meal planning. YOU ARE BRILLIANT! Love your blog and now I am reading it all. Thank you so much!

Kimberlee March 3, 2012 at 11:27 am

Wow Shelly, I don’t know about brilliant, but I am glad you’re enjoying the blog. :)

Rita December 16, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Kimberlee-
Wow! Such a wonderful website! I love all of your menu ideas, but I have a question? How do I plan meals for a very picky 11 year old, and a husband who will only eat meat and potatoS? I like and will eat almost everything, especially cheaply. Any and all help will help. Thank you so much, Rita.

Kimberlee December 17, 2012 at 6:14 am

I think the key is to make the main parts of the meal something that they both like, but add some new things every once in a while. I think I read that it takes a child up to five times of trying something new before they will accept it. Another option that I have tried is to let my children know that if they don’t like the meal, they don’t have to eat it, but I do not let them have snacks or other food instead of dinner later. If they decide they are hungry later than evening, they can have the leftovers from dinner. Hope that helps!

Teresa April 17, 2012 at 9:52 am

Love your blog. Great ides. Our families are pretty similar. We both have a low income and one paycheck coming in, four kids, homeschooling, and Christians. I have also been trying to cut out all the processed garbage in our diets a lot due to couponing. I’ll probably be poking around your blog a bit more.

Kimberlee April 17, 2012 at 9:57 am

Welcome Teresa! I’m glad you’re here. :)

TxsRedhead May 28, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Do you have Nutritional values for your recipes?

Kimberlee May 28, 2012 at 6:07 pm

No, sorry, but I have no way to figure that out. I’m just sharing recipes I use in my kitchen. :)

karen June 29, 2012 at 11:44 am

If anyone wants to calculate nutritional values of recipes you can join sparkpeople.com. It is free and I use it to calculate calories and nutritional info on my recipes. It is very user friendly. Hope this helps.

Alex May 31, 2012 at 1:34 pm

I’m a newly wed, but have really been wanting to get into good financial habits before we enter the world of parenthood. Your blog is perfect and has given me so many things to tryout. I’m excited to get started.

ps. my husband will love you. he’s much more frugal than I am, and will be so happy I found a website to help me out.

pss. I hate cooking. It stresses me out more than anything else. I really like the lists of meal ideas, but would also love recipes. Any help or advice would be much appreciated =)

Kimberlee May 31, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Hi Alex–Welcome! I have lots of really easy and delicious recipes here: http://thepeacefulmom.com/recipes/. For future reference, they are under the EAT tab in the top navigation bar. :)

Shari June 5, 2012 at 8:40 am

Hi Kimberlee
I love your site. Thank you for all the work you have done.
My husband and i are both unemployed now so money is really tight. I have been looking on the web for budget friendly meals, came across yours. I am wondering though if you have a recipe for Nachos with refried beans and avocado slices, Quesadillas, Ham and cream cheese rollups, Cheese toast, Spicy Chicken Thighs, or a site to look for them. Thank you so much. S

Kimberlee June 5, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Here is a recipe for refried beans: http://thepeacefulmom.com/2011/06/06/simple-gluten-free-refried-beans/.

Ham & Cream Cheese rollups: spread cream cheese on a slice of ham, add diced green onions or green pepper and roll it up.

Quesadillas: Heat a little olive oil or other cooking oil in a stainless steel or iron skillet over medium high heat. Place shredded cheese on half of an 8 inch flour tortilla and fold the other half over to cover the cheese. Place the tortilla in the hot oil and turn after about one minute or when the tortilla is lightly browned. When second side is also lightly browned, remove from heat and sprinkle with salt.

Cheese Toast: If you like both sides of your bread toasted, place bread slices in the toaster and toast. Place cheese slices or shredded cheese on top and melt in the microwave or under the oven broiler.

Jessica December 26, 2013 at 4:51 pm

Thank you so much for your e-book and for all your helpful tips. Your organized lists and charts have truly brought cohesion to all of my scattered attempts at planning! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Kimberlee December 26, 2013 at 6:08 pm

You are very welcome Jessica! I am glad to help. :)